The #LookBeyond pledge asks everyone to educate themselves about challenges like mental illness, in order to increase understanding and reduce stigma. Thanks to funding from SAMHSA, Kalamazoo Community Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services offers FREE Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) classes in Kalamazoo County.
In addition to community classes (visit our Eventbrite page for schedules and registration), our trainers offer ON-SITE classes to groups of all kinds. And plenty of local organizations have taken advantage of that option, as you can see below.
To find out why they find it so valuable, watch our video, Be the One. For more info or to request training for your group, contact Julie Helmer at email@example.com or 269-364-6950.
· Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kalamazoo
· Bronson Methodist Hospital
· Cheff Therapeutic Riding Center
· Guardian Finance and Advocacy Services
· Gull Lake Community Schools
· Kalamazoo College
· Kalamazoo County Department of Health & Human Services
· Kalamazoo County Juvenile Home
· Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety
· Kalamazoo Public Library
· Kalamazoo Valley Community College
· Paramount Charter Academy
· Recovery Institute of Southwest Michigan
· Western Michigan University
· Vicksburg Schools
· Veteran/Military Organizations